Set the correct return-path in phplist
PHP List is a newsletter script that can send quite a bunch of prepared e-mails to different list of recipients. It can handle quite anything you'll need. Import CSV Lists, export into files, find broken adresses, handle bounces.
You might find yourself in the situation that you already set a "replyto" and a "sender", but are receiving messages at a different address (like firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately, I didnt find a way to set the return-path inside PHP List directly. So here is how I solved that issue:
- open ftp and connect to your PHP List account
- open folders /lists/admin/phpmailer/
- edit class.phpmailer.php
- edit the value in line 79 to your desired email address (or search for var $Sender)
* Sets the Sender email (Return-Path) of the message. If not empty,
* will be sent via -f to sendmail or as 'MAIL FROM' in smtp mode.
* @var string
var $Sender = "email@example.com";
- save the file
- log into your phplist
- create a new message
- send yourself a test message
That should do the trick.